Hey Scott,

create you own LifecycleListener and catch the Start/Stop Events.
For the complete Container you must configure this listener as Server/Listener.
At tomcat 5.5 you can place the application listener at conf/context.xml.

Regards
Peter

Scott Dudley schrieb:

Peter,

Took a quick look at StatusManagerServlet.java and StatusTransformer.java. Looks like I can collect most of what I need however, I still don't see how/where I can get container and application start date/time. Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Peter Rossbach wrote:

Hey Scott,

look inside manager status page http://<your host>:<your port>/manager/status. For your own coding review the jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/manager/WEB:INF/classes/.../StatusManagerServlet.java class

regards
peter

Scott Dudley schrieb:

My employer has commissioned me to port one of their legacy applications from Resin 2.1 (?) to Tomcat 5. I've immersed myself in the documentation and have actually made significant progress having overcome or otherwise circumvented a number of their deviations from the specs.

Current stumbling block is this: They made prolific reference to a statistics class com.caucho.server.http.Statistics which among other things, provided container start time, memory statistics, number of active connections, etc. Additionally, I need both application and server start date/time. I have no need for JMX, remote mgmt, etc.

How/where can I access this information within Tomcat? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.