To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: Reload on Tomcat 5.5

On 5/22/05, Robert Parsons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Well to be more specific then I will give you an example of what I have
tried as a test. I write a basic servlet that simply prints a line of
text to the screen. If i compile it and deploy it, all is good. If I
then make a modification to that that string in the source file,
recompile then RELOAD (using ant), the servlet still outputs the
ORIGINAL string (before the modification). The same thing happens If i
recompile then press 'reload' in the tomcat manager application instead
of using ant.

I tested this, and it (of course) works fine.

If i perform the steps above on the latest tomcat 5.0 (rather than 5.5),
the NEW string would be printed out after the reload.  Any ideas? Coz
i'm stumped.

Well, don't plan to upgrade ever, because the "bug" will obviously
never be fixed.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat