Did anyone see this message as Remote host said: 554 delivery error: This
user doesn't have an account. Can someone please confirm they got it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Benussi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23 May 2005 10:38
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Client Authentication certificates

Morning all..

I have a web app and for certain areas of the site I wish to restrict access
to a Client Authentication certificate. I want to generate a root
Certificate for my company domain and then sub domains for a variety of
customers. Then I wish to be able to generate certificates for certain users
within these sub domains.

My questions are:

Can I build a root certificate that is not signed by someone like Verisign
or any other trusted root? (This is a cost issue).

Can I implement the Client Authentication on a server which does not have
SSL implemented?

Can I implement the Client Authentication on a server which already has an
SSL certificate, signed by someone like Verisign and effectively run both?

Would appreciate your thoughts and also any pointers on where to start
digging.

TIA Mark