> Excuse me for a moment. Now I have the trouble that I cannot restart Tomcat
> and so I had to reboot the whole system. Now tomcat start while the
> bootprocess but cannot be accessed over the browser. And I don't have a
> process called catalina nor tomcat !?!?!
>
> Gruss Christian

Im now back again. Now I have time to fix the tomcat-problem. But first I have
another problem: I cannot start tomcat!!!

I got this from my latest logfile: catalina_2005-06-17.log
This is of course only a small part of it. Is this caused by a mistaken entry
in the catalina.policy?

[quote]
Using Security Manager
Created MBeanServer with ID: 4aa0ce:10489ba2bdb:-8000:gandalf:1
Jun 17, 2005 11:56:17 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8180
Jun 17, 2005 11:56:17 AM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester fatalError
SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 1 column 1: Content is not allowed in
prolog.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
        at org.apache.xerces.u.....
[/quote]

But the weired thing is, my own entry into the catalina.policy is gone, is
erased!!! And this happens everytime I reboot my system.
Each time I edit the cataline.policy I cannot restart tomcat again. So I
choose the windows(tm) solution and reboot the whole system! But when the
system is up and running again. Tomcat cannot start at all. AND my entry in
the catalina.policy is ....gone!!!!

Gruss Christian

--
Christian Stalp
Institut für Medizinische Biometrie, Epidemiologie und Informatik