What is the version of your tomcat? 5.5 supposed to have resolved this issue
by flush reflection cache when undeploy your web app.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Kriger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: June 27, 2005 12:12 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Please help with PermGen OutOfMemory error

After many webapp installs, I get this in my tomcat logs...

Exception in thread "ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]"
java.lang.OutOfMemory
Error: PermGen space

MaxPermSize=128m, but the errors still happen. I understand that this comes
from apps not releasing all their resources. How do I track down what part
of my app is leaving these resources behind? I'm hoping for pointers to
tools/articles/blog entries - anything that'll let me isolate this problem
(hopefully to a part of my code that I can actually fix as opposed to third
party code I have no control over).

thx
andy