Thanks for the answer peter. Its clear to me now

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Crowther [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 12:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: JVM in Tomcat

> From: Gulshan Babajee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi, Can anyone please tell me how could I verify that all my
> applications running in tomcat are using the same JVM instance.

Try the following chain of reasoning:

1. Only one JVM instance can listen on any given port, such as 8080;

2. The ports for a given Tomcat are set in conf/server.xml;

3. All my Tomcat apps are available on one of the ports listed in my only
conf/server.xml;

4. Therefore all my Tomcat apps are running in one JVM instance.

This fails if you have more than one conf/server.xml - in which case, your
apps probably aren't running in the same JVM.  Also, issues such as RMI, Web
services and the like can confuse the issue, as your apps may be making use
of services provided by components running in other JVMs. You'd have to
check the details of each webapp to verify this.

That's my view - can anyone else confirm or deny?

                - Peter
--
Peter Crowther, Director, Melandra Limited
John Dalton House, 121 Deansgate, Manchester M3 2AB