On Thursday 07 July 2005 17:25, Tony Smith wrote:
> Hi, I am running Tomcat 5.0 on Windows. But what I
> want to do it not link to Tomcat. I would like to know
> how to  control all those ports. For example, I would
> like to open 8080 but close 8089, etc...
>

> Thanks,

1) Don't hijack someone elses thread for your self (you even seemed to have
asked the writer of the original thread directly rather than the list)

2) Be a bit clearer in what you are asking.  What does "what I want to do it
[is?] not link to Tomcat" mean?  In particular what is the rather ambiguous
word "link" meant to mean? Are you talking about connecting another web
server, and if so which one?

3) Tell us what you have done to try and figure it out for yourself - Hint:
have you looked at server.xml?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk