From: Mladen Turk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: mod_jk - multiple workers for same Tomcat instance?
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:49:06 +0200

David Hay wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to specify multiple workers for the same Tomcat instance?

Yes.
But this will impose additional load to the tomcat doubling the number
of connections from apache to mod_jk for each worker.
For ten workers you may end up with 2500 connections with
250 MaxClients defined in the httpd.conf.

We'd like to balance different contexts with different load factors to the same Tomcat (hope that makes sense!).

No. But you may feel free to express the idea that led you to consider
something like that.

Regards,
Mladen.