From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 July 2005 14:30
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache-like Deny/Allow directives

The "deny" directives in the httpd.conf are not respected when it comes to
pages ending with either of the .jsp or .do extensions, and are therefore
relayed to Tomcat which then gives the response to the browser.

The Deny directives are not respected for these requests.

But I know that Apache still respects those directives, because all I can
access from outside of my .company.com domain is the plain html, without any
images or any style sheet.

This behavior is confirmed by the Apache access.log and error.log

Finaly, to answer your question, my problem is not that I can't restrict
access to areas, it is that my restrictions defined in httpd.conf are not
respected when it comes to dynamic content.

Luc Boudreau
Université du Québec
Canada