Thanx for the reply
As far as I know if thread space provided insufficient for JVM it
should throw stack overflow exception is'nt ??
Ok Will this approach works:
say I reduced stack size to 128 K
Then I invoked every possible feature of my web app to see whether any
of my modules are failing bcoz of reduced stack space. If every part
of my app works fine I will commit on my current setting for -Xss
If something fails, I will increase it and again run the test

but my one concern is, whether all this effort will yeld me any
improvement or not?

regards
Srikanth