You highlighted my reasons for wanting to integrate Apache in your previous
email. I wish to make use of the robustness and performance of the Apache
server, because the majority of my content is static content, and for all I
know - a lot of it. I am bringing Tomcat in to the picture to process a
small of amount of business logic, rather than the other way round.
        So, can someone point me towards Tomcat (5.5) and Apache integration
documentation (or answer the few questions I posted in my original email:)).

Thanks and regards

Paul.

>Unless your web site consists almost entirely of static content, then
adding a front end will probably just slow
>things down (as well as making your life a lot more complex).

> From: Paul Wallace [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: TC & Apache integration
>
> Unless you are saying that TC 5.5 is as robust as Apache.

I have difficulty conceiving of a situation where adding non-redundant
componentry can improve robustness.  I suppose it's theoretically possible,
but, in general, adding complexity pretty much always degrades
mean-time-to-failure.

> If that is the case, where does that leave httpd?

Load balancing, routing, possibly a more familiar security configuration
(not necessarily better, just better known), and of course, a fast basic web
server.  CGI and PHP should be more efficient with httpd - it all depends on
what your predominant traffic is along with other site-specific
requirements.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.