Quick  question on this one:

So you have an apache2 that fronts tomcat via jk2 connector, are there two instances of tomcat or just one ? If there would be two I'd see the benefits if one is busy the round robin algorithm redistributes the request to the second one. But its only one instance with two jk2 services how is that helping if the tomcat is busy handling a lot of requests ?

From: Justin Jaynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: RE: 1 jakarta server + multiple ip's
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:21:29 -0700 (PDT)

Peter,

I tried the solution you offered (below) about
creating more than one service and using the
address="xxx" parameter in the Connectors tags.  It
works great.  However, what do you mean in your
"disclaimer" that it is from the documentation and is
untested?  Did you mean to say NOT from the
documentation?  And if it is untested, but it is
working, are there any reasons not to use it in a
production server?  Is it safe?

Justin

--- Peter Crowther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>