Paul Wallace wrote:

Thanks Len,
        And what of other protocols? Are sockets then required? What are
some other protocols that might be used to push/pull data? (off Tomcat I
know ;))

Paul.

I'm interested in the answer to this too. What terms do I stick into google to find generic socket based communication systems between isolated JVMs ? Protocols, Frameworks, something that will slot in with TC but not as raw as HTTP I want the API to be a POJO as possible but with a open / setup / work / close cycle.

Idealy I'm really after a multiplexing (read as single socket) messaging framework that can deliver command / event like objects to a remote JVM for processing then return the appropiate reponse object and have multiple events outstanding all in different states with any sized payload.

--
Darryl L. Miles