From: QM [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 8/16/2005 5:30 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: webapp loading order...

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 03:23:16PM -0700, Joe R. Lindsay wrote:
: We have two webapps that communicate via jndi and
: we need to have app2 wait for app1 to load before continuing.
: Is there a way to force the order in which the webapps
: are started?

You could run the apps in separate Tomcat instances.  In that case, you
would explicitly define load order: the start script would start app1 in
instance1, then app2 i instance2.

That said, the spec doesn't cover this, as well it shouldn't -- apps should
be fairly self-sufficient such that load order is irrelevant.

-QM

--

software   -- http://www.brandxdev.net/
tech news  -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com/