Le Mercredi 24 Août 2005 14:58, Tom Spence a écrit :

> Hello...
>
> I understand that TomCat's front page (index.jsp) that I can't change it cuz
> it is precompiled.

Yes and no, you can't simply replace it's content, but you also have to change
web.xml
remove those lines to suppres use of precompiled index.jsp :

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/index.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

> I want to change something on my own website from index.jsp to index.html?

just remove index.jsp mapping in web.xml, tomcat will then do the default
searching
(index.jsp, index.html, index.htm if my memory is not too corrupted)

> Also I am trying to learn (of course I am newbie) how to change in web.xml in
> ROOT/WEB-INF.

with a text editor (better if text editor support xml enlighting)
More seriously, i suggest you read some documentations on java web servers tu
understand
what is in the web.xml
there is list of tags in web.xml:
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs61/webapp/web_xml.html

--
David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?