Hello

The easiest way is to have each virtual host with it's own webapp directory
(like webapps/ for default host, webapps-univaperta for the univaperta host).
In each virtualhost, copy the manager webapp (this can be downloaded
from tomcat webpage).
You should have something like webapps-univaperta/manager/ in your
directory structure afterwards. Start tomcat and point your browser
to http://www.univaperta.it/manager/html
login using the manager account (see manager
doc for details at http://www.univaperta.it/manager/).
Inside this manager there is everything you need
undeploy/deploy/start/stop webapps. Only the
webapps of current virtualhost will be listed :)

And no, you don't need to stop/restart tomcat to
reploy your war.

Le Mardi 13 Septembre 2005 18:05, Andrea Bondi a écrit :
> Hi to all,
> I've set up Tomcat v. 5.5.9 as the server for the domain
> www.univaperta.it
> This is a virtual host, not the only site in this server. Configuration
> is the following:
>
> <Host
>           appBase="webapps/univaperta"
>           name="www.univaperta.it">
>         <Context
>             docBase=""
>             path=""
>             reloadable="true">
>
> <WatchedResource>/usr/lib/tomcat/conf/context.xml</WatchedResource>
>           <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>
>
> <WatchedResource>/usr/lib/tomcat/conf/context.xml</WatchedResource>
>           <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>
>
> <WatchedResource>/usr/lib/tomcat/conf/context.xml</WatchedResource>
>           <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>
>
> <WatchedResource>/usr/lib/tomcat/conf/context.xml</WatchedResource>
>           <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>
>         </Context>
> </Host>
>
> The site works fine.
> The problem is that I develop this on another computer and deploy as a
> war (univaperta.war). For every update I have to follow this procedure:
> - undeploy the site from tomcat manager
> - restart tomcat
> - deploy the war file
> - restart tomcat
>
> Is there an easier way to do this?
>
> Thank you
> Andrea Bondi

David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?