Hi,

Yes it's called source control and build management. The "same", as you call
it, code is the managed master code (cvs/vss etc.) and when you want that
pushed to different servers you do so with automated build scripts like Ant, or
deployment using application server deploy tools.

The point is that you don't modify you code in-situ within the
staging/production Tomcat server, you do it in the local dev envionrment, and
when ready for deploy, it gets committed, tagged and then war'd up and deployed.

Sounds like this may just be too much for your project, but it's nevertheless
the standard way.

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474
Disclaimer:  The information contained within this e-mail is confidential and
may be privileged. This email is intended solely for the named recipient only;
if you are not authorised you must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain
this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error
please contact the sender at once so that we may take the appropriate action
and avoid troubling you further.  Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender.  QAS Limited has the right lawfully to record,
monitor and inspect messages between its employees and any third party.  Your
messages shall be subject to such lawful supervision as QAS Limited deems to be
necessary in order to protect its information, its interests and its
reputation.

Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard Inbound and Outbound emails, QAS
Limited cannot guarantee that attachments are virus free or compatible with
your systems and does not accept any liability in respect of viruses or
computer problems experienced.
</FONT>