Print out your Connection Object .toString() to stdout or on a page and you should see that it is a Pool(ed|able) Connection object.

Trond Hersløv wrote:

Everything works just fine, but I'm a little bit concerned that maybe I am
generating a singel connection to the DB and not a pool of connections.
As I run  netstat -a on the machine hosting the DB, I expected to find
a lot of connections to port 3306, which my MySQL server listens to, but there
is only one single connection. Even when I press F5 for a long time to refresh
my IE window like a 100 times or with more windows open at the same time there
is just this one connection to be found.