It's a long story about why I'm running a CGI under Tomcat (okay, it's an older app, but it plugs nicely into Tomcat authentication).

My Tcl CGI script opens a socket. On Unix, this all works fine. On windows server 2003, the Tcl script returns "invalid argument" when the socket command is attempted.

If I run the script from cmd as administrator, it opens the socket just fine. I wrote a short java program to call the script, launched the Tcl script from Java, and it opens the socket fine. I'm running Tomcat 4.1.31 as 'administrator' (perhaps not smart, but just testing right now).
I've tried changing the catalina.policy file to:

grant {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

My understanding is that this grants AllPermission to everything. Still no joy. Perhaps I'm lost in Windows security land (it's a place I don't want to go without a gun). All I wanted to do was open a socket from my CGI script.

Can anybody here tell me how to fix this?

Thanks much (in advance),
Randy