I use a properties file stored in the WEB-INF directory. Modifying the
web.xml is too error prone. Using another XML file is a lot harder than a
properties file. Just use the servlet context getResourceAsStream(), and
pass that to the properties.load() method.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/