Thomas K. Cheriyan Jr. wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Im trying to get the latest version of TomCat on my laptop which has has
> MacOS Tiger 10.4. I have also installed the latest version of Java. I read
> the installation guide on the Jakarta site as well as many others online and
> they haven't worked at all. If somebody is an expert at this and has some
> time to help me out, I would really appreciate it.
>
> --
> Thomas K. Cheriyan Jr.
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cell: 516-526-1443

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Tomcat_5%2e5%2e9_configuration?highlight=%28tomcat%29

last section, that is what I found out on how to get it up and running (hence I
wrote this),
the latest upgrade hosed it again, I have not had time to look into the issue
yet, I assume
something dumped another binary into jaspers path of nor return ;-),
but Tomcat itself works, it is just problematic that jasper has this weird
behavior
I do not know if the newer jikes jasper has the same problems since I usually
switch
to the javac jasper due to 5.5.9s problems with JDK5.0 constructs.