Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:41 AM
Subject: RE: ClassCastException while sharing objects accross applications

The type in Java is a combination of a fully qualified class name and its defining classloader. So the two objects with the same class name are considered different types in your two web applications because each web application is loaded by the dedicated webapp classloader.

To solve your problem you can use object serialization or if your objects are the java beans you can use the java.beans encoding.

"The XMLEncoder class is a complementary alternative to the ObjectOutputStream and can used to generate a textual representation of a JavaBean in the same way that the ObjectOutputStream can be used to create binary representation of Serializable objects. "

--Seva