> From: Stephen Faustino [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: setting the context path in tomcat5.5.9?
>
> my attempts to create a Context in the META-INF/context.xml
> were not successful, that is, I could create the context.xml
> file but the attributes did not seem to take affect. I could
> set them in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/
> directory and it would work.

(This is really a different topic; a new thread would be more
appropriate.)

The conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/[appname].xml overrides
META-INF/context.xml, so make sure to remove the former before trying
the latter.  Also, check the tag spelling in your context.xml file
carefully; numerous people have been caught out by using <context>
instead of <Context>, for example.  If that checks out try posting your
META-INF/context.xml file for people to look at.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.