Nope, never heard of that one. I'll see if I can figure out how to get at that type.

andy gordon wrote:

David, Just in case you haven't done this yet, have you checked to see if the environment variable shows up as a catalina:type=Environment MBean? if so you should be able to access it. Hope this helps.
- andy gordon

David Kerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If I'm reading it correctly, according to the docs, I should be able to set an environment variable in server.xml, like the built-in example:

Unfortunately, I can't get this to work; I can't read in simpleValue, or the ones I really want to do when they are defined in server.xml. But I have no problems when I put them into the application's web.xml; they come in just fine using the InitialContext stuff from the docs. Is there something extra I need to do to make them visible from server.xml?

Thanks,
Dave