Aria Bamdad wrote:

Hi, I asked this question yesterday and got no hints from anyone.
Since then, I have been able to accomplish what I want using multiple
instances of Tomcat.  However, I would much rather use one instance
and serve requests on different Apache port.

Does anyone have ANY comments regarding my issue?

Well, having different presentations by using different port numbers is not a common practice these days, since Apache has Name-based VHosts. Similarely, Tomcat supports Name-based VHosts only (unless I am greatly mistaken). So, it would appear that your solution is the only applicable one.

The best choice is, of course, to go for name based VHosts, since it integrates very well and makes your URLs look nice. BTW, 443 is HTTPS port, which is different story.

So, save yourself a lot of trouble and go for unified VHosts. One observation, though - with multiple instances of TC you have greater robustness.

Nix.