On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 05:24:27PM +0100, Allistair Crossley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looks like jk is using commons logging, you'll have better success using a
> log4j or commons-logging properties configuration to set the threshold to
> ERROR. you may be able to do that in jk's config files too, i am sure there
> is an error level setting. check out the jk docs.

Hello Allistair,

Ok, did not understand a word :)
Seems to be too late.

I now changed the debug value in the Connector now step by step down to Zero.
But no changes, the catalina.out file still fills with those timeout Infos.

    <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
    <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
               minProcessors="50" maxProcessors="500" connectionTimeout="20000"
               protocol="AJP/1.3" />

I tried to modify the logger definition in the server.xml using verbosity="0"

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt" verbosity="0"
              timestamp="true"/>

But its just the catalina_log and not the catalina.out which according to
the start scripts of the tomcat daemon is a redirection of stdout of the
daemon itself into the logfile.

Is there an option to make the tomcat daemon less noisy?

Thanks,
Marcus

--

History tends to exaggerate.
                -- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4