regardless how the commiters feel about it, are you willing to release your
patched source files? (So for example, I can compile and deploy them
myself?)   ;)  If so, I'd say a page on your wiki might be alright for
distro, with a link to the page sent to tomcat-user  ?

I'd be giving it a try about 10 minutes after you send out your email, since
I've often wondered about this feature. Usually right after digging through
the work directory for a generated java file.