This is the way I would do it, which will allow it be
portable to any database.

Calendar c = Calendar.getInstance();
c.add(Calendar.DATE,-7);

//Connection is assumed
PreparedStatement stmt = conn.prepareStatement("select
* from sometable where somedatetimefield = ?");
stmt.setTimestamp(1,new
Timestamp(c.getTime().getTime()));

=====