I'm not sure which "issues" you mean....
I think that fact that JServ has been in bug fixing for a while now is more down to the fact that no more development is being done with it. Tomcat supports the latest standards and works fine with Apache via mod_jk. And its being actively developed. I for one would be eager to see more empahasis being placed on using mod_jk and apache rather than JServ.

sam
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 10:59 AM
Subject: Tomcat vs JServ

Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate whether to use Tomcat or JServ. The system will be freeBSD and I know that Tomcat has some "issues" with that - but I'm willing to take the chance.

However, if speed and memory are issues which would be best for basic servlet functionality?

Surely it would be JServ as it has been in bug fixing mode for so long it will have matured and is quite fast anyway?

Any insights appreciated,

Eric