Joel,

I put Tomcat 3.2.2b5 on a dual processor NTServer box.  I've been beating on
it all morning with JMeter using a sequence of JSPs and servlets from the
examples webapp that ships with Tomcat.  Several times while the stress test
is running I touch to update the timestamp on all the JSP files to force a
re-compile.

So far its been running fine and I haven't seen any thread hang problems.
I'd be interested to know if you can duplicate the deadlock problem on your
system using the stuff from the examples webapp?