Title: Please help. Accessing protected url from java when using form based authentication
Please UNSUBSCRIBE me.

I did not subscribe to this listserve.
-----Original Message-----
From: Roytman, Alex [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 1:26 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Please help. Accessing protected url from java when using form based authentication

I need to access a protected resource on my web site from java. I use form based authentication and I was hoping that following sequence will make it but it dos not

1. Open url to protected resource. get JSESSIONID from headers
2. Post to /mycontext/login/j_security_check with cookie set to JSESSIONID=<session id from prev step> and name and password as POST parameters

3. Access protected resource again using the same session id

Any help is greatly appreciated

Alex