Title: RE: Tomcat/JSP Question

Try putting in get/set methods for the object, then getting them that way, e.g.:

--------------
public Object getMyObject()
{
        return myObject;
}

public void setMyObject(Object _o)
{
        myObject = _o;
}

<% Object myObject = EX.getMyObject(); %>
--------------

The get/set methods will allow introspection.

Or, if you want to just get it directly, you need to have a semicolon on the end, like this:

<% Object myObject = EX.myObject; %>

For regular code in the jsp, you need to enclose it in <% %> and follow regular syntax rules.  If your bean had a String property, you could get it this way:

<%=EX.myString%>

The <%= %> is shorthand for <% out.print( );%>.

Kinda confusing at first, but you get used to it.  Hope this helps...