Hi,

I have done this before on my Linux server, but only by manually
modifying server.xml to explicitly add contexts that point to
something off of each user's home directory.

For example, in my server.xml file (tomcat 3.2.2) I've got the following:
        <Context path="/~craig"
                docBase="/home/craig/public_html"
                crossContext="false"
                debug="0"
                reloadable="true"
                trusted="false" >
        </Context>

So that my friend Craig can play with JSP's in his public_html directory.
Since I rely on mod_jk.conf-auto, I have to restart tomcat to regenerate
the newer mod_jk.conf-auto then I have to restart apache to re-read
mod_jk.conf-auto

What you probably want to do, is copy AutoSetup.java to something like
HomeDirSetup.java then modify HomeDirSetup.java such that it automatically
adds
contexts from /home/*/public_html/jsp
so that each user gets a tomcat context.

Was this clear? Didn't sound clear when I typed it. Hope it made sense!
-Mike