I think i can be Interested, because when you make documentation you get know product
best.

Tuukka

ps. Tomcat really don't suX someone just do get i right:) Pioneering isn't easiest
thing to do.

---
--Me olemme keskella jotain. jossa olemme totaalisen ulkopuolisia--

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:41:52
 GOMEZ Henri wrote:
>>      Not to get into a great big argument over OS version commercial
>>products, but if OS projects expect to be taken with the same
>>consideration
>>as commercial they have to accept to be compared across the board. This
>>includes documentation. You can't just pick and choose the
>>battles you want
>>to fight.
>
>Could we close this thread positively ?
>
>We all know that tomcat documentation is incomplete and we need help
>in that area.
>
>Tomcat IS AN OPENSOURCE project with a big user community,
>Jon Stevens recently reported more than 50-100k downloads / month.
>
>Everybody could be involved in the project, and not necessary
>developpers. I'm sure there is around potentials documentation
>redactors.
>
>So who will be interested in working on the Tomcat Documentation ?

>>For the most part, the documentation in OS projects
>>just plain
>>sucks, if it even exists. Believe it or not this is one of the
>>reasons OS is
>>often frowned upon. Look at Microsoft, sure its close source,
>>people may
>>think it sucks, blah blah blah, but do you have idea how much
>>information is
>>on MSDN?
>>      The lack of documentation available goes against some very basic
>>rules of Software Engineering. In the real world does this
>>really matter? I
>>dunno, but often times packaging and presentation, and a
>>finished looka nd
>>feel are the key to getting in the door and this is where most
>>OS projects
>>fail miserably.
>>      Because its free might be the reason the documentation sucks, it
>>shouldn't be a justification. (not that i'm saying tomcat sucks, just
>>argueing the point).

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!