From: "James Bromberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: How to deploy war file dynamically, like JBOSS

Perhaps this will help:

http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=455587

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/14/01 02:01pm >>>
Hi,
In our system, we'll use TOMCAT 3.2.
And we want to deploy war file dynamically without restarting TOMCAT.
Is it possible?
>From the document of TOMCAT 3.2, it seems that there is no way.
And I know that TOMCAT 4 offer several management command to
deploy war file dynamically.

But I think there is some way to deploy war file dynamically in TOMCAT3.2
Because it is possible in JBOSS with TOMCAT(3.2) package.
(JBOSS-2.2.2_Tomcat-3.2.2).
When I copy war file to JBOSS_HOME/deploy directory, it is
depoyed dynamically.
I think there is some way to customizing TOMCAT, and
JBOSS does this customization. I want to know how to configure it.

In JBOSS environment, it doesn't extract war file to "tomcat/webapps"
directory. Instead, it seems that war file is extracted under JBOSS_HOME/tmp/deploy
directory.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I posted same question to JBOSS forum several weeks ago,
then I was adviced to post to TOMCAT mailing list.

Thans and regards,
Y.Hatano