Have you implemented this with tomcat running on *nix? Or only on win2k?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bongiorno, Christian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 2:11 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: intranet authentication with win2k

What we have done is integrate NT authentication into a Tomcat realm. Using
WIN2k you can use either the com.sun.security.auth packages to Use
NTLoginModule (this only works on windows and only for the currently logged
in user). Or you can use the Krb5 security module same group ... OR... you
can use the fact that every WIN2k domain controller has an LDAP server in it
as well ( active directory), login to it with DOMAIN credentials and query a
custom attribute for roles. Be forwarned that Active Directory does not play
by the LDAP rules. What a suprise!

See

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/security/jaas/spec/