Hello list.
I'm not sure if this is a tomcat question or a java (servlet) question
so try not to get too angry if this is on the wrong board.

I am setting up my environment to use a controller servlet that
brokers all the requests that come in for the site.  About 80% of my
site are pages that will be served up this way, through the controller.
But the other 20% are seperate applications - message boards, photo
uploads, contests with registration.

What I am slightly confused about is, should the requests for these
apps also go through the controller servlet?  And if so I don't know
how yet - but I will find out.  If not (which is my current level of
knowledge) then each one gets its own mapping in server.xml and its
own directory structure.  If this is the case, how do I maintain session
across the rest of the site and these side apps?  I am pretty new to
java hence my confusion.  Can I just pass the session object from one
to the other?  Is there something special I have to implement?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  And if this post is in the wrong
place just say so and I will find the appropriate java list to post to.

Thanks.

Charlie Harvey