Apache definetly has all of the features mentioned below, and one very
important one that you did not mention, Security! Apache has had a much
better security record than IIS has, and considering that there is a
larger installation base of Apache than IIS (www.netcraft.com) , that
says a lot.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>         I have a JSP application (with java classes) to run on Windows 2000
> server. For JSP i am using tomcat container. Can anyone please let me know
> should I use Microsoft IIS web server or Apache web server for my
> application. Please tell me which is better IIS or Apache on the following
> basis:
> 1. Stability
> 2. Speed
> 3. Load
> 4. Overall (considering any other parameters)
>
> Sumit.
> The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it
> may be privileged and confidential.  If the reader of this message,
> regardless of the address or routing, is not an intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and any
> review, use, distribution, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this message in error, please delete this e-mail and
> all files transmitted with it from your system and notify the sender by
> reply e-mail or by calling 1-888-338-6076.

Denny Chambers
Quantum Corporation, Inc.
Network Attached Storage Division
Java Linux Engineer