Unfortunately I did not get Apache and Tomcat connected. I found that for
my needs just using Tomcat and removing Apache was the best option. I
started to setup the mod_jk, but stopped when I decided to just use Tomcat
only. For the most part I found that web app mod was just not ready for
production. I found nothing on why it wouldn't work for me and the person
that made it was not working on it anymore. That's just what I found out.
This may not be the case, but like all of you I could not find any help. I
didn't find several sources  that said jk_mod was the best option at the
time. It was by far more reliable. I also figured that if over 50% of my
accesses were to Tomcat then it would most likely be a greater benefit to
bypass Apache and just access Tomcat directly. Why add that extra step of
going through Apache to get to Tomcat. I currently have several web
applications that I've developed running on Tomcat. Their not in production
yet, but they should be within the month. So far I have had no problems
with the Tomcat only setup. Well, that was the short version of what I
discovered while trying to use the mod_webapp. But just to give you a
picture, since I'm a professional Java developer if I can't find it already
made with Java then I have the option of just developing it myself. Some of
you may just be using Tomcat to run a web application that you have, but
you may not be a Java developer.

Thank You,

Justin A. Stanczak
Web Manager
Shake Learning Resource Center
Vincennes University
(812)888-5813

                    Frank Ng

                    <flankan@pado.       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    net>                 cc:

                                         Subject:     mod_webapp error

                    01/25/2002

                    07:47 PM

Dear Justin,

I am sorry to bother you but I read your post on the tomcat list,
just wondering if you ever got apache and tomcat to work?  I
am currently having the same problem, but no one seems to have
any idea what's going on, since you were having the same problem
back in dec, did you ever find a solution to your problem?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
-Frank