Von: Mike Jackson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2002 16:27
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: protect websites with jaas

I tried to do something like that.  But I found that with jaas all I got was
the permissions of the user
that was running tomcat.  After reading and playing a bit more I concluded
that I'd need an applet
running on the web client in order to get jaas to work for me.  And with the
restrictions on applets
I decided that wasn't worth it either.

However, I could have misunderstood something or been doing it wrong, but
that's my experience.
You mileage may vary, some assembly required, batteries not included.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]