My  webapps directory and all its directories are read and execute free for
all users. So I don´t think this is the problem.

Any way, I think Apache should pass all the /examples requests to
Tomcat and not trying to read the directly from the file system.

It looks more that Apache is not allowed to connect to Tomcat. I´ve
already check all the possibilities but could not find any parameter(s) in
httpd.conf or server.xml that could prevent the connection.

Any other clue?

Thank you.