> We are database independent.  If you look at the
> initializeDbConnectionBroker method you will see we load all that
> information from the web.xml via servlet init parameters.  Our code can use
> any database you have a driver for (granted it supports ANSI SQL)..

> > >         private void initializeDbConnectionBroker(ServletConfig iConfig)
> > >         {
> > >                 String dbDriver = getInitParameter("DB_DRIVER");
> > >                 String dbName = getInitParameter("DB_NAME");
> > >                 String dbUser = getInitParameter("DB_USER");
> > >                 String dbPassword = getInitParameter("DB_PSWD");
> > >                 String logfile = getInitParameter("DB_LOG_FILE");
> > >                 int initConn = new
> > Integer(getInitParameter("DB_INITCONN")).intValue();
> > >                 int maxConn = new
> > Integer(getInitParameter(DB_"MAXCONN")).intValue();
> > >                 int connTimeOut = new
> > > Integer(getInitParameter("DB_CONNTIMEOUT")).intValue();
> > >                 double maxConnTime = new
> > > Double(getInitParameter("DB_MAXCONNTIME")).doubleValue();

In other words, you're specifying raw connection parameters in the web.xml. I think
most of us are interested in a full JNDI approach, where server.xml and web.xml
cooperate, allowing server administrator to choose data source, while application
deployer is concerned with other things. That is why they are bugging with JNDI. Can
it be done with DBConnectionBroker?

Nix.