> I have used: request.setCharacterEncoding("ISO-8859-1"); and when I want to display
>the following line (in Danish):
> "Sjclland og Rerne"

Is it supposed to be "ISO-8859-1", in the first place? Danish should be in the Latin-1
subset, AFAIK.

Also, why are you setting "request" and complaining on what is displayed (which is
correlated to "response" object)?

> I get these results:
> Mozilla (Linux OS):    "Sjclland og Rerne"
> Netscape (Windows OS):    "Sjclland og Rerne"
> Explorer (Windows OS):    "Sjýlland og ýerne"

> The data are fetched from a PostgreSQL DB Server encoded to LATIN1. When I am using
>the data
> from DB directly within my JSP pages there are no problems. It is only when I am
>using the parameters
> received from other pages I see the problem with the character encoding.

One thing that might be bugging you is the encoding of the HTML document. Is it se to
ISO-8859-1? Your page should look something like this:

<%@ page
  contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
%>
<head>
  <title>Test</title>
</head>