Charlie Toohey wrote:

> When configuring Apache's httpd.conf (or Vhosts.conf) with multiple
> name-based virtual hosts, I can not find any documentation regarding the
> WebAppConnection statement. Should I have a separate WebAppConnection within
> each virtual host section, or should I just have one WebAppConnection in the
> main section of httpd.conf, and then refer to that in each of the
> WebAppDeploy statements that are within the virtual host sections (I do
> understand that the WebAppDeploy statements for each given webapp needs to
> be within the virtual host section --- it is the WebAppConnection which I'm
> not sure about).

Never done this myself, since I'm still not in "production" environment, but...

There was an excellent article on java.sun.com on thi subject and basically it
boils to this - docs on Tomcat side are lacking. In your server.xml, "warp"
connector should reflect the VirtualHosts of your Apache setup. In the comments
it says:

<!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to -->

They meant "Apache" instead of "localhost".

 From that I'd conclude that each VirtualHost should have:

- one DNS entry
- one apache <VirtualHost ...>
- one Tomcat <Engine ...>...</Engine>
- one (at least) Warp connection between the two

For larger virtual hostings you might want to consider running several Tomcat
instances for, either each one or groups of virtual hosts.

Nix.