Are there special reasons why you redirect in the html and not
with response.sendRedirect ?

I don't think that there is an easy way to get the meta tag
working. (Something like writing a filter or using mod_rewrite
to rewrites /myURL?jsessionid=og9obimzx2 and using a selfmade
encodeUrl())

<snip/>
> URL=/myURL;jsessionid=og9obimzx2">
> is misunderstood by many browsers (NS 4.x, IE5.x, IE6 ...)
> because of the second ";" before jsessionid!
> the "signature" of the html-redirect-"function" is (int
> delayInSeconds;String redirectURL) separated by a ";"!
> The second ";" makes the browsers believe: here the URLString
> ends - but this isn't correct! The browser is redirected to
> the URL without encoded sessionid - and so looses its session!!!
<snip/>