Hi Chad,

Didn't get your emails until this morning -- are you experiencing the
same problems that I was talking about?  Basically, it seems like a new
connection pool is getting set up after every JNDI lookup (which I'd
basically like to do every time I run a query).   If I hold on to the
same datasource, I can see that it's obvious that connection pooling is
working...

I've just been doing something like the following the code below to test
it out.  However, the thing that I notice is that rerunning this code
doesn't hold on to the original pool -- in the following code segment
the first and second connections are always > 50ms to get and the last
one (which comes from the pool) is always around 0-1ms.  It seems to me
that the DataSource should get "cached" or held on to in some way --
Otherwise, it seems like it's defeating the purpose of connection
pooling!!!

How are things working for you?

Thanks.

-Scott

DataSource ds = (DataSource) envCtx.lookup("jdbc/maindb");
if (ds != null) {
        System.out.println("Found the datasource!!!");
        long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
        conn = ds.getConnection();
        System.out.println("opened in " + (System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime) + "
ms");
        startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
        conn2 = ds.getConnection();
        System.out.println("opened in " + (System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime) + "
ms");
        conn.close();
        startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
        // get another connection, should be faster now...
        Connection conn3 = ds.getConnection();
        System.out.println("opened in " + (System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime) + "
ms");
        conn3.close();
        conn2.close();
} else {
        System.out.println("Didn't find it...");
}

--
Scott Jones
On-Site Manager, Inc.