From: Barney Hamish [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: June 4, 2002 8:47 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Bypassing user role assignment???

Why don't you set the user roles table to be the same as the users table.
Have a user_role field in the users table with a default value "default
role" or something. That way when you create a new user a role is
automatically created for them with the role of "default role". Then you
don't have to change anything or rewrite the hasRole() method.