Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.0.4 MyApp as default context - ClassNotFoundException:
org.hsql.jdbcDriver
From: "Matt Raible" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
I've been using Tyrex on 4.0.1 for over 6 months, I was just making an
attempt to make my application accessible from http://localhost/ rather than
from http://localhost/myAppName.  I was under the impression that the way to
do this was to change the Context path to "".

Thanks,

Matt

"Martin Jacobson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Jakarta Tomcat Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com) wrote:
>
> > Subject: Tomcat 4.0.4 MyApp as default context - ClassNotFoundException:
org.hsql.jdbcDriver
> > From: "Matt Raible" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >  ===
> > I have an entry for my web-application in server.xml so I can use a
> > JDBCRealm and a JNDI Datasource.  When I change my context's path from
> >
> > <Context path="/myAppName" docBase="myAppName" ... />
> >
> > to:
> >
> > <Context path="" docBase="myAppName" .../>
> >
> > I get the following exception?!  And I never even refer to this JDBC
Driver.
> > I did some browsing on the mailing lists, and this appears to be a
> > well-known error, but I couldn't find the solution.
> >
> > TyrexDataSourceFactory:  Cannot create DataSource, Exception
> > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.hsql.jdbcDriver
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
> > .java:1127)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
> > .java:992)
> >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:310)
> >         at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> >         at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:115)
> >         at

org.apache.naming.factory.TyrexDataSourceFactory.getObjectInstance(TyrexData
> > SourceFactor
> > .java:210)
> >

> > Thanks,
>

> I had this problem, and couldn't solve it using Tomcat 4.0 at all :-( It
> seems that Tyrex is broken (or, at least, cannot be successfully
> configured). Reading elsewhere, it seems that Tyrex doesn't provide any
> connection pooling, either, so it's a bit of a Waste of Space (IMHO).
>
> I 'solved' the problem by moving to Tomcat 4.1, which uses the
> Jakarta-commons dbcp. This works!
>
> This is the relevant part of my <server.xml> file:
>
> <Resource name="jdbc/RadiationDB"
>   auth="Container"
>   type="javax.sql.DataSource"
> />
> <ResourceParams name="jdbc/RadiationDB">
> <parameter>
> <name>factory</name>
> <value>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory</value>
> </parameter>
> <parameter>
> <name>maxActive</name>
> <value>100</value>
> </parameter>
> <parameter>
> <name>maxIdle</name>
> <value>30000</value>
> </parameter>
> <parameter>
> <name>maxWait</name>
> <value>100</value>
> </parameter>
> <parameter>
> <name>username</name>
> <value>me</value>
> </parameter>
> <parameter>
> <name>password</name>
> <value>mypassword</value>
> </parameter>
> <parameter>
> <name>driverClassName</name>
> <value>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</value>
> </parameter>
> <parameter>
> <name>url</name>
> <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost/radiation</value>
> </parameter>
> </ResourceParams>
>
> NOTE that the user is identified by "username", and not "user" - this
> had me stuck for a while!
>
> Hope this helps,
> Martin

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>