> Neither adding description nor removing slashes helped.
> I've checked the path in manual:
> jdbc:postgresql:database
> jdbc:postgresql://host/database
> jdbc:postgresql://host:port/database

This last form is the most complete one. Anyway, that will not make a difference,
since it is up to JDBC driver to parse this URL AND JDBC DRIVER WORKS.

> I wonder if there is a way to debug what exactly Tomcat does. What section of
> server.xml does it parse etc.

I've tried running Tomcat under JBuilder. I did get into debugging session, but when
it came to XML parser, it just, sort of, dropped into a hole. I needed sources for XML
parser, too. At that point I've had had too much and decided to wait for DBCP.

> Does anyone tried to connect to postgresql and succeeded?

Craig has done it and although he is one of the developers, he was unable to help us.
I guess it is not just for fashion, that they have decided to drop Tyrex in favour of
DBCP.

Nix.