Hi,

> I have posted several times regarding this! In answer to your question,

sorry to bother you :)

> it ought to be, but because there is no standard DTD for servlet
> containers, or EJB containers, everybody can do his own thing! :-(

i dont know if a DTD would help out, i mean we cant define bean
properties for a custom datasource in advance in an DTD or?

> I still think that there ought to be an DTD for server.xml, and maybe a
> way to map 'tomcat standard' parameter names to individual DataSource
> implementations.
> IMO, such a DTD (if documented!) would cut out a large proportion of the
> posts on this list!

THe point is, SUN defined at least some property names in
http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbc20.stdext.pdf Paragraph: 5.3.1
it would be nice if at least the common ones would be uniform.

Also just my 2 cents.

---
greetings from
Marc Logemann